Setting effective business practices and boundaries can feel mentally and emotionally draining. And it’s easy to get stuck in an unhealthy cycle of self-doubt when we have to make courageous business shifts. If you’ve struggled to become a business-loving independent music educator…
This video is for you.
In this broadcast, I’m taking that the emotional cycle that can occur when we find ourselves STUCK in an uncomfortable business situation — AND I’m sharing 3 steps you can use to get unstuck.
… and we’ll get a lengthy visit from my cat, Grizabella. *ahem*
SHOW NOTES FROM THE BROADCAST:
- Learn to recognize the signs. What does self doubt look like when you’re struggling? It looks different for everyone. (Enter Griz.) Higher anxiety levels, lack of sleep, reacting instead of responding… these are all signs of self-doubt creeping into your life. Recognizing your unique signs is the first step. What does it look like when you are feeling stuck?
- Step back and evaluate. Once you recognize the signs… step back and think about what’s actually happen. Ask yourself, “Is this thought true?” (Most often, the answer is no.) If there is truth in that thought, what would happen if you released that thought? Would it change how you feel? Would it change how you act?
- Create new habits. Reset the way you react to self-doubt. This can be done in so many ways: writing down your thoughts, creating routines that help support healthy reactions, and recognizing that “this isn’t how it’s always going to be.” Think about that BLOCKED popup!
LOOKING FOR THOSE LINKS I MENTIONED?
- Here’s that post I made about The Journey of Becoming a Business-Loving Independent Music Educator.
- And here’s the email list! Even if you’ve been on my blog list in the past, you’ll want to join up on this new list. (The old one is going to be retired soon.)
- And in case you’re looking for an easy way to create your social media templates, Katya’s Content Templates are absolutely amazing. I’ve been having such a fun time playing with these graphics on Canva!
Catch more business, mindset, and awesometicity tips here on the coaching page every Wednesday at 12pm ET.
Thanks for reading and listening! Stay savvy, stay you.