It’s time for a little reprise, music teacher friends! Here’s a run down of what we did at Savvy in 2023, some behind-the-scenes details around what goes into the content you see here, and a sneak peek of what’s to come.
And hey… we’d love YOU to be a part of what happens here at Savvy! If you’ve got questions you’d like to see me answer in broadcasts (or maybe a podcast?), ideas for new workshops, take two minutes and fill out our “What’s Next for Savvy?” form.
What’s in this Best of Savvy List?
- Highlights of what happened both “on stage” and behind the scenes.
- Top 3 Broadcasts of 2023
- Top 3 Graphic Carousels of 2023
- Top 3 Reels of 2023
- What’s coming next for Savvy!
It was a beautiful year here in the coaching studio, and here are a few highlights when clients dug in, did the hard work, and made HUGE personal wins such as:
- Increased their annual revenue by $20K by making small, but significant changes in their business structure and marketing plans.
- Landed speaking opportunities on podcasts, at national conferences, and well-known vocal institutes.
- Got familiar with number crunching to make a comfortable retirement a 100% reality.
- Launched sales that made more than their typical monthly revenue in one single week.
- Built up their studio so they could confidently leave a job that no longer served them. (Talk about a BIG deal! I danced so hard when I got the news!)
The credit for those wins? IT. WAS. ALL. THEM. Huge congrats to the teachers who brought these amazing things into reality — it was honor to act as your guide and “heck yeah, you do that thing!” sideline coach. 💚
As for myself, here’s a glimpse of what I was up to:
- Between my work with music teachers at Savvy and The SpeakEasy Cooperative, I coached 101 one-on-one sessions, and approximately 27 group coaching calls. (Annnnd about 40 group calls for non-music business owners.)
- Ran a fabulous workshop on how to create engaging Instagram Highlights — now a part of our robust social media course.
- Created a new training with Branding Bootcamp alumni about how to use ChatGPT to create authentic sounding materials for our websites, socials, and emails.
- Presented twice at SECO Live 2023, and had the pleasure of doing one of them along side my very amazing friend, boss, colleague, and coach, Michelle Markwart Deveaux.
- And yes… I’m still teaching piano and voice!
Whew. That seems like a lot when I type it all out. (I promise, I took loads of time off too!)
All that sounds fancy, but my biggest win? Being able to achieve an intense schedule of rehabilitation and intentional rest in order to manage and solve chronic low back / hip pain. For the first time in years, I’m happy to say that I’m 85% pain free.
And to top it all off… I did NOT get bitten by a grand macaw on my birthday. That was definitely an improvement since last year!
Top 3 Broadcasts of 2023:
Last year we did 31 Wednesday broadcasts! Every broadcast takes hours of coordination — from planning, to executing, to repurposing. Huge shout out to Katelyn, our Savvy VA who makes SO many of those behind-the-scenes things run smoothly! You ROCK!
The tech stack we’re using includes things such as:
- Pretty Links
According to our Meta + YouTube insights, these were your Savvy favorites. (AND HEY — because I know that teachers can be low on time for continuing ed, I’ve included the links to the Quick Recaps (3-5 mins) in the captions of each video below.)
We also have a detailed blog about this topic. PLEASE read this if you haven’t already!
Top 3 Graphic Carousels of 2023:
We looooove to repurpose our content, and one of the ways we do that is to take every broadcast and turn the talking points into a succinct graphic carousel.
Lately I’ve been experimenting with using ChatGPT + my bullet point notes for each broadcast to help write these. Still requires a LOT of editing, but it’s definitely helped cut down on the amount of time it takes to write the slide copy.
Here are the ones you loved the most!
View this post on Instagram
Top 3 Reels of 2023
One of the BRAND NEW things we started adding in 2023 — we started making reels out of the “aha!” moments from our broadcasts. This process involves creating recaps at the end of each broadcast where I somewhat panickedly run through the entire 25 mins of content in 3-5 mins. Katleyn then runs those videos through vidyo.ai to find 15-30 second clips that we can use as reels.
Here are the ones you liked most:
View this post on Instagram
What does the future hold?
Last year I talked about starting a podcast. OBVIOUSLY those plans went on the back burner! The concept is still on my list, but in order for that to happen, we’ll probably need to make some big changes in our content plan. There’s only so much time to do stuff, ya know?
In other news — I’ve got a big project in the works with a colleague of mine. It’s hush-hush now, but should be launched at the end of Q1 2024.
Our newly revamped Branding Bootcamp will come back in Fall 2024. (There’s a waitlist if you wanna join us!) And we’ve got plans for one-off workshops on various topics.
Whatever comes next… I’m excited to see what 2024 holds.
We’d love YOU to be a part of what happens here at Savvy! If you’ve got questions you’d like to see me answer in broadcasts (or maybe a podcast?), ideas for new workshops, take two minutes and fill out our “What’s Next for Savvy?” form.
Thanks for being a part of Savvy this year… and thanks for reading this post!
As we head into 2024 together, remember: you’re an amazing teacher and there’s no one in the world quite like you.